Rankings and ratings
Swinburne has an international reputation for quality research that connects science and technology with business and the community. Our standing in prestigious world academic ranking lists reflects our commitment to high-quality teaching and research and graduate outcomes.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- In 2018, Swinburne has once again ranked in the Young University Rankings, being placed at number 65 out of 250 institutions. The Young University Rankings recognise the world’s top universities under 50 years old.
- Swinburne was also ranked among the world’s top 450 universities by the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
QS University Rankings
- The 2019 QS World University Rankings ranked Swinburne in the world's top 400 universities, placing us in the top three per cent of universities worldwide.
- Swinburne was ranked number 45 in the 2019 Top 50 Under 50 list, an index of the world's top universities under 50 years old.
- Swinburne was recognised as having one of the best design schools in the world by the 2018 QS World Rankings of Universities by Subject. The university was listed in the top 40 for the Art and Design subject area.
Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Swinburne was ranked one of the world's top 400 universites by the prestigious 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
- Swinburne achieved a ranking of 133 from the ARWU in the field of civil engineering.
AACSB International Accreditation
In 2019, the Faculty of Business and Law (including Swinburne Sarawak and Swinburne Online) achieved accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. AACSB represents the highest standard of excellence in business education worldwide with only five per cent of the world’s higher education business schools have been awarded with AACSB accreditation.